This is a list of publications in the vehicle routing area that I was involved in during my time working as a Research Assistant at WINFORS (University of Cologne). In my Ph.D thesis I have proposed a flexible framework to facilitate and accelerate the development of custom metaheuristics for the solution of a broad range of rich VRPs. The single articles cover metaheuristics for specific vehicle routing problems.
- Derigs, U. and Vogel, U. (2014). Experience with a framework for developing heuristics for solving rich vehicle routing problems. Journal of Heuristics, 20(1):75-106. (http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s10732-013-9232-z)
- Derigs, U., Pullmann, M., and Vogel, U. (2013). Truck and trailer routing – problems, heuristics and computational experience. Computers and Operations Research, 40:536–546. (http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.cor.2012.08.007)
- Derigs, U., Pullmann, M., and Vogel, U. (2013). A short note on applying a simple LS/LNS-based metaheuristic to the rollon-rolloff vehicle routing problem. Computers and Operations Research, 40:867–872. (http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.cor.2012.09.008)
- Derigs, U., Gronalt, M., Hirsch, P., Oberscheider, M., Pullmann, M., and Vogel, U. (2012). Multilevel neighborhood search for solving full truckload routing problems arising in timber transportation. Electronic Notes in Discrete Mathematics, 39:281–288. (http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.endm.2012.10.037)
- Derigs, U., Kurowsky, R., and Vogel, U. (2011). Solving a real-world vehicle routing problem with multiple use of tractors and trailers and EU-regulations for drivers arising in air cargo road feeder services. European Journal of Operational Research, 213(1):309–319. (http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ejor.2011.03.032)
- Derigs, U., Gottlieb, J., Kalkoff, J., Piesche, M., Rothlauf, F., and Vogel, U. (2011). Vehicle routing with compartments: applications, modelling and heuristics. OR Spectrum, 33:885–914. (http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s00291-010-0194-3)
- Bartodziej, P., Derigs, U., and Vogel, U. (2010). On the potentials of parallelizing large neighbourhood search for rich vehicle routing problems. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, 6073:216–219. (http://dx.doi.org/10.100/978-3-642-13800-3_22)
- Derigs, U., Li, B., and Vogel, U. (2010). Local search-based metaheuristics for the split delivery vehicle routing problem. Journal of the Operational Research Society, 61:1356–1364. (http://dx.doi.org/10.1057/jors.2009.100)
- Derigs, U. and Vogel, U. (2009). A computational study on neighborhood search heuristics for the open vehicle routing problem with time windows. In Proceedings of the 8th Metaheuristic International Conference (MIC 2009), pages 109–122.
- Bartodziej, P., Derigs, U., Malcherek, D., and Vogel, U. (2009). Models and algorithms for solving combined vehicle and crew scheduling problems with rest constraints: an application to road feeder service planning in air cargo transportation. OR Spectrum, 31(2):405–429. (http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s00291-007-0110-7)